Advantages of Undercoating
- Provides unmatched protection to vital under-body areas
- Is resistant to chipping, peeling, and cracking
- Offers advanced protection from rust and corrosion
- Is environmentally friendly and free of asbestos
- Dampens road noise
- Repels moisture, chemicals, sand, rocks, and other debris
- Stays flexible and tack-free over the life of your vehicle
What is an undercoating?
In a nutshell, an undercoating keeps your vehicle’s under-body safe from rust and corrosion by utilizing a flexible, tack-free, and tough-polymer-based composition. In addition to guarding against rust and corrosion, an undercoating is also specially engineered to help with dampening sound. Further, an undercoating will help to:
- Keep vehicle interiors from accumulating dust
- Minimize chassis and under-body noise
- Enhance insulation
When it comes to applying an undercoating, a professional will spray this coating on the vehicle’s exposed chassis and under-body regions extending from the firewall to the rear. Areas not included in an undercoating application include exhaust, drive train, and suspension components. An undercoating generally dries within 24 hours and completely cures within 72 hours—give or take depending on humidity and atmospheric temperatures.